Tips for Better Headline Writing
The simple fact of the matter is that headlines really do matter. They’re your first and sometimes only chance to hook your reader into what you are saying, and in many cases, sadly, great content goes unread only because the writer wasn’t able to convey quickly and compellingly what follows. Because we use headlines in the form of blog posts, adds, products, salespages, videos plus more, it’s crucial that we learn what we’re doing with regards to writing headlines.
7 tips you can use to write better headlines for marketing
1) Use numbers and lists -People love getting useful posts and emails listing valuable and useful information they want. Moreover if this list is a numbered list, you’ll be amazed at how much better attention you’ll get.
2) Hit their pain points -Hitting on the pain points your readers experience will help gain their trust, and they’ll be more open to any solutions you may have to offer.
3) Be a bit controversial -Be bold. State your opinions, push the edge of the envelope. Once you got their attention, you can demonstrate how brilliant you are, until then, be daring.
4) Ask questions -Using questions is a terrific way to pique interest. More often then not they are the exact same questions they would ask, and would also like an answer to.
5) Keep your headline under 55 characters -This is so that not only will your entire headline show in Google search results, but also in the email subject line without getting shortened.
6) Test your copy -As with most anything you write for the masses, to get the best response you’ll need to test your headlines for effect. Sometimes one word can make a big difference in an email open rate, which can in turn directly affect your income.
7) Deliver value -First and foremost indicate in your headlines the amount of value they can receive. Don’t over-promise, but don’t be shy about extolling what you’ve got to offer!
Keep in mind that the over-arching purpose of any headline is to get the reader to the next step, whether that means opening an email, clicking a link or reading your content.
Need more information on Local SEO? Call Gizoom at 203-255-9399 ext 4200.