Many businesses want to increase the exposure of their websites in search engine results. One way of improving your website’s visibility in search engines is a process known as search engine optimization, or SEO for short.
What Is SEO’s Purpose?
The purpose of SEO is to improve your website’s rankings for search phrases your target audience could be using to find businesses like yours. SEO focuses on increasing rankings in what is known as organic search.
What Are The Most Common SEO Techniques?
SEO comes primarily in two forms: onsite and offsite. Onsite SEO consists of all the various changes you can make to your website and content in order to make it more likely to rank in search results for your targeted keywords. Offsite SEO is work you do off your website, usually to increase the authority of your website and its pages in the eyes of search engines.
An SEO strategy will often include:
• Keyword research – analyzing search keyword data to determine what is being searched for by people in your target audience to find new keywords to rank your website for.
• Link building – the process of building links to your website from other websites, increasing its authority in the eyes of search engines.
• Citation building – the process of building references to your business’ contact details and information in directories.
• Keyword optimization of content – going through all of your website content and code, and ensuring that your pages are appropriately keyword targeted.
• Site structure optimization – going through the website and ensuring that your most important keyword targeted pages are showcased throughout your website, to maximize their authority.
The Benefits Of SEO As A Marketing Technique
• Your return on investment once rankings are established is often much better than most other marketing methods.
• Your search engine rankings tend to build up and improve over time, delivering a snowballing return on investment.
• Organic search results get the lion share of search engine clicks.
The Cons Of SEO As A Marketing Technique
The SEO landscape is always changing. Google frequently update their algorithms and your rankings can drastically change overnight. It is often difficult to forecast rankings, or anticipate how much it will cost you to rank for a particular keyword before you are ranking for it.
SEO is an incredibly cost effective way to drive targeted, high intent traffic to your website, and generate leads. The most effective marketing strategies combine a variety of inbound marketing techniques, like social media marketing, SEO and blogging to drive traffic.
For more information, contact Paul Conant anytime at 1-855-544-9666 or send an email at email@example.com!